The City of Cottage Grove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. An official city application is required to be considered for a position. Completed applications can be submitted by mail, in person, fax or email.
Mailing Address: City of Cottage Grove, Attention: Joe Fischbach, 12800 Ravine Parkway S, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
City of Cottage Grove Regular Full- & Part-time Job Opportunities
The Management Assistant-Administration Department is a tremendous career growth opportunity. This position will allow the employee to gain valuable experience in several areas of local government including; general administration, human resources, communications, elections, project management and event planning. We are looking for a self-starter that wants to join a progressive organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field.
- Academic and/or practical experience in personnel administration and/or local government.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of various software programs, especially word processing and spreadsheets. Knowledge of data base programs and desktop publishing preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field.
- Hiring Range: $47,723 - $53,450 per year, depending on qualifications
- Full Range: $47,723 - $59,654 per year
Application Deadline: Monday, Dec. 7, at 3 p.m. (received, not postmarked)
Download the Management Assistant job description and Application Packet for further information regarding the position.
City of Cottage Grove Seasonal Job Opportunities
Warming house attendants supervise the City's warming houses and open skating program at various city parks. Responsibilities include interacting with patrons, maintaining attendance records, and administering first-aid when needed.
- Application deadline: Nov. 30
- Interviews will be held on Dec. 8
- Training will be held on Dec. 17
- Start date is Dec. 26. Position runs through March 2016
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- Applicants should be able to communicate well with the public and pass a Criminal History Background Check
- Basic first-aid and CPR certifications are desirable
- Pay is $9.00 per hour
- Hours are:
- Weekdays: 4:00-8:00 pm
- Weekends: Noon-8:00 pm
- Mid-May through late-August
- Monday through Thursday, 6:30 am to 3:30 pm, Friday, 6:30 to 10:30 am
- Limited to students in Landscape, Horticulture, Forestry, Natural Resources, or related studies
- Starting salary: $11 to $13 per hour DOQ, no benefits
- Application deadline is Feb. 28, 2016 or until filled
Download an application or pick one up at City Hall, 12800 Ravine Parkway S.
Landscape/Horticulture Intern works directly with the Parks Department to manage a $30,000+ operational budget of personnel, material and professional service needs.
The mission of the Cottage Grove Landscape Internship Program is to provide community beautification through well planned and maintained landscaping features in highly visible areas. The landscape interns plan, coordinate, monitor and maintain landscaped areas throughout the entire community. Flower beds of significant importance include 80th Street, Jamaica Avenue roundabout, park entrance points and municipal facilities (city hall, fire stations, ice arena, etc.). This program also assists in the development and implementation of sophisticated landscaping plans for items such as Public Landscape Initiative program, future construction projects and park master planning. The interns are directly responsible for judging and rewarding both residential and commercial applicants for the community Green Garden awards. Interns will also contribute to the forestry/natural resources maintenance throughout our community.
Expected benefits of the internship include learning to maintain, design, budget, plan, install and monitor landscaping features of community wide significance.
Forestry and Natural Resources Intern works directly with the City Forester on a multitude of tree and natural resources related projects throughout the community.
The mission of the Cottage Grove Forestry division is to monitor, care for and maintain all trees within the city’s urban forest. To fulfill this mission, a combination of maintenance, monitoring, disease control, replacement and public outreach are all techniques used to promote tree growth in the community. The interns will gain experience in tree removal, installation, pruning, maintenance, disease control (Emerald Ash Borer, Dutch Elm, Oak Wilt, etc.) monitoring, inspection, safety techniques, planning and design. Emerald Ash Borer Management program will be a primary focus of the 2015 internship program. Pesticide license or ability to obtain is a plus. Interns will also contribute to the landscaping/horticulture maintenance throughout our community.
Expected benefits of the internship include learning to inventory, maintain, design, budget, plan, install and monitor a community’s urban forest.
Community (non city) Job Opportunities
South Washington County Schools, serving the communities of Cottage Grove, Newport, St. Paul Park, Woodbury, Afton, Denmark and Grey Cloud Townships is now accepting applications for the following positions:
- PARAPROFESSIONAL – Works directly with regular or special education students; starting base wage $13.00 per hour
- NUTRITION SERVICES – Prepares breakfast and lunches for students; starting base wage $12.31 per hour
- BUS DRIVERS – Safely transports students to and from school; $15.23 - $18.83 per hour after completion of probation (dependent on qualifications)
FOR THE 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR
Go to www.sowashco.org for specific job information and to apply.