City elections in Cottage Grove are held in November of even-numbered years. City Council elections are non-partisan and candidates run for their seats at large. School District 833 elections are held in November of odd-numbered years.
National, state, and county general elections also are held in November of even-numbered years. National, state, and county primaries are held in August of even-numbered years. Minnesota has a consolidated primary ballot that allows voters to make a secret choice of a major party primary.
In 2014, Election Day is Tuesday, Nov.4
Important 2014 Election Dates
- June 27* - Absentee ballots are available for Primary Election.
- July 22 - Voter pre-registration for the Primary Election closes at 5 p.m. Voters can also register on Election Day.
- July 29 - Filing begins for two City Council seats at the Cottage Grove City Hall from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Aug. 9* - Absentee ballots available for Saturday prior to Election Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 12 - State Primary, polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. | Last day to file for office - two City Council seats at 5 p.m.
- Sep. 19* - Absentee voting for General Election begins.
- Oct. 14 - Voter pre-registration for General Election closes at 5 p.m.
- Nov. 1* - Absentee voting Saturday prior to Election Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 4 - GENERAL ELECTION, Polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
*Absentee Ballots for the Primary and General Election are available at the following locations:
- Washington County Cottage Grove Service Center, 13000 Ravine Parkway
- Washington County Forest Lake Service Center, 19955 Forest Road N
- Washington County Woodbury Service Center, 2150 Radio Drive
- Washington County Government Center, 14949 62nd Street, Stillwater
Election questions not answered here can be directed to: