Community Profile (All sections)
Cottage Grove is a growing community in the Southeast Twin Cities metropolitan area. Situated close to St. Paul, our residents and businesses can take advantage of convenient access to urban opportunities while enjoying the recreational amenities, open spaces, high-quality schools, and close-knit community that Cottage Grove offers.
With beautiful rolling hills, a wide range of housing options, two golf courses, 30 parks, more than 45 miles of trails, and a culture of neighbors helping neighbors, Cottage Grove offers its residents far more than the average Twin Cities suburb.
- Our Gateway Commercial district is four miles south of Interstate 494 on Highway 61, and nine miles south of Interstate 94.
- Our business park is just six miles south of Interstate 494, and 11 miles south of Interstate 94.
- Rail-served sites in our business park (CP line, with BNSF intersection nearby) provide easy access to global markets.
- 20 minutes away from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Over 350,000 workers within a 25 minute commuting range.1
- Over 338,000 potential customers within a 10 mile radius.1
A Great Place for Business
With easy access to a recently upgraded freeway system, two Class-1 rail lines, and within a 25 minute drive of over 238,000 workers, Cottage Grove has proven to be a successful location for companies such as 3M, Renewal by Andersen, and Up North Plastics.
Whether you’d like to locate in our 600 acre business park, in a retail space, or any other commercial property, Cottage Grove City staff will work with you to make it easy to locate here in Cottage Grove. Fast-tracked administrative approval and business assistance are available to eligible businesses.
1Applied Graphic Solutions, 2012; Accessed via greatermsp.org