Enter our Sunrise/Sunset photo contest and you could win an “I Love Cottage Grove Parks” T-shirt and a $10 gift card to MikMart (the ice cream truck)!
Cottage Grove's City Parks provide some amazing views of sunrises and sunset and we want you to share the views you capture on your camera or phone with us.
Simply snap a picture of a sunrise or sunset in one of our parks, and post it to Facebook (be sure to tag the Cottage Grove Recreation and Ice Arena Facebook page) for a chance to win! There is no limit on the number of photos you can enter. Deadline is June 28.
Here are some of City staff’s favorite places to view the sunset:
- Camel’s Hump Park, 7600 Burr Oak Cove S. At the overlook where benches are available to take in the views.
- Kingston Park, 9195 75th Street S. Lay a blanket on the ridge between the soccer and softball fields, where you can experience “theater seating” for the sunset.
- Cottage Grove Trailway Corridor, linking Kingston Park to Hidden Valley Park. Just walk west and watch the sun set over the prairie.
- Oakwood Park, 7851 Harkness Avenue S. Walk to the top of the hill to see the sun drop behind the City.
- Lamar Park, 7025 Lamar Avenue S. Watch the sun drop behind historic Old Cottage Grove. Although it’s a bustling park with softball, the surrounding farmland and small town feel gives the sunset a different meaning from here.
In July, Parks and Recreation is running a contest that will test your knowledge of the city’s parks in a fun way! You could win your choice of an Ice skating party package, two rounds of golf plus cart, free 4-hour park building rental, or a picnic in the park! Be sure to “Like” the Cottage Grove Recreation and Ice Arena Facebook page so you’ll be sure to see the announcement of the start of the July contest.