Washington County will celebrate renovation of Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park with free entry until July 1.
Visitors to the newly-renovated Cottage Grove Regional Park will be able to enjoy the park for free until July 1 after the park reopens later this spring.
The Washington County Board of Commissioners approved the park fee waiver March 13.
Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park was closed March 1 of last year for improvements that include:
- a new park entrance;
- a new park circulation road, parking lots, associated pedestrian improvements and trails;
- updated and improved Ravine Lake outlet;
- ravine stabilization project done by the South Washington Watershed District;
- new trails within the park in accordance with the park's master plan;
- vegetation management and invasive species control; and
- a new playground.
The park is tentatively scheduled to reopen in late May. To welcome back residents, the park entrance fee will be waived until July 1. A reopening celebration is planned for June 1-3, which will include a variety of recreational events.