The Arts Commission is a nine-member voluntary advisory group whose mission is to inspire passionate, creative expression of the arts through education of and collaboration with the community of Cottage Grove.
- 7 p.m. | First Tuesday of each month
- Cottage Grove City Hall
12800 Ravine Parkway South
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
- Call 651-458-2814 for more information
Short Term Goals:
- Continue to organize and market arts events: Contests, Talent Shows, Film Contest, and Community Concerts.
- Engage artists and the community with all art opportunities and programming. Pay particular attention to opportunities for youth and seniors.
- Gain participation from the artistic community at the Art Commission meetings to increase community involvement.
- Seek and acquire opportunities for art exhibits; permanent and temporary.
- Promote availability of current performance venues.
- Continue recognition of local artists through the Artist of the Month Program.
Long Term Goals:
- Seek opportunities for fine art and performing arts venue.
- Make Cottage Grove a destination for the arts.
- Create an Arts Festival.
- Incorporate arts promotion and activities into the City’s Strategic Plan.
- Seek funding opportunities, through both City and private outlets.
- Bring and recognize artists from different backgrounds and cultures.
Agendas, Minutes and Packets
Agendas, minutes and packets for the Commission are available here.
Please note that meeting minutes are generally not available until they have been approved by the Commission at their next regularly scheduled meeting.
If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer member of any of the City Advisory Commissions, download the application, fill it out and return it to City Hall,12800 Ravine Parkway, Cottage Grove.
Forms are also available for pick up at City Hall.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and kept on file for one year.
Artist of the Month Program
The Arts Commission has an Artist of the Month program to recognize the inspirational, passionate and creativity of artists in Cottage Grove and share their talents with the community.
To nominate an artist, download and complete the Cottage Grove Artist of the Month Application.
The City features the Artist of the Month on the City's website and on the City's Facebook page.
- January 2018: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Crystin Voxland
- January, February 2017: No nominations received
- March 2017: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Billy Thao
- April 2017: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Joe Filipovich
- May, June, July, August, September, October 2017: No nominations received.
- November 2017: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Ernest Gillman
- December 2017: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Mary Butze
- April 2016: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Dwayne Tannahill
- May, June, July 2016: No nominations received
- August 2016: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Andrew James Hatch
- September, October 2016: No nominations received
- November 2016: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Sam Verdick
- December 2016: Arts Commission Artist of the Month: Richard Jenkins
Films in 5 Festival
Thank you to all who participated in the 3rd Annual Films in 5 Festival! Congratulations to our winners:
1st Place: Justin and Kristin Schaack, Rag Dolls
2nd Place: Jayden Peterman, MondayDay
3rd Place: Rachel Bownik, Daniel Bownik-Penniless Poet
Path to Poetry Contest
Check back soon for more information on the Arts Commission's next Path to Poetry Contest.
Paint 'n Sip Party
The next Paint 'n Sip Party will be March 24 from 7 - 9p.m. To register, visit http://bit.ly/PaintNSipRO.
Idea to Implementation