My Future Cottage Grove
When you look 15 to 20 years into the future, what does Cottage Grove look like to you? What do you want your community to look like? Let your voice be heard by participating in the City's community visioning process called My Future Cottage Grove. The process is designed for you to constructively share ideas and feedback about the city. It’s a chance to share what your vision is for Cottage Grove over the next 15 to 20 years.
If you live in Cottage Grove your input is needed! We want to hear from any many people as possible. It's easy to get involved. Get involved through social media, by writing on chalkboards, by attending a town hall meeting and more. Click on a tab below for more information.
The process will continue through the end of December. The information gathered through this project will be used by city leaders as they develop long-term goals and strategic plans for the City.
- Jan. 3, 2017, 8 to 8:30 p.m., Facebook Live. Visit the City's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CottageGroveMinnesota/) to participate.
Do you have a smartphone, tablet or computer? Do you want to make a difference in the future of your community? Then join in on Nov. 15, from 8 and 8:30 p.m., for the City's first-ever online community visioning forum via Facebook Live.
It’s easy. Just visit the City’s Facebook page at the designated time, and tap on the video to make the sound happen. You can sit in the comfort of your home and take part in a discussion that will be facilitated by consultant and futurist Rebecca Ryan. Comments and questions can be typed in at any time during the Facebook Live session. Pop in for five minutes or stay for the entire 30 minutes. The video can also be viewed after the event ends as it will remain on the City’s Facebook page.
Let your voice be heard! Join in. My Future Cottage Grove.
The first Facebook Live was held Nov. 15. Watch the video on the City's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CottageGroveMinnesota/videos/10155299648993484/
Attend a visioning session meeting and participate in person:
- Oct. 11, 7 to 9 p.m., at the South Washington County District Program Center, 8400 E. Point Douglas Road S.
- Dec. 1, 7 to 9 p.m., at the South Washington County District Program Center, 8400 E. Point Douglas Road S.
In a fun and welcoming environment you'll have a chance to meet others from the community, talk about your relationship to the community, and share what you want the community to be for yourself, your children and your grandchildren.
The meetings are facilitated by futurist Rebecca Ryan of Next Generation Consulting, the consultant hired by the City to lead this project.
Answer the question “My wish for our community is…” on large chalkboards that are being set up at various places in the City. They will be at community events, at City buildings, at City parks, and at other locations around town. Chalk is provided at each chalkboard.
Find a chalkboard at:
- Sept. 23 to Nov. 31: Lobby at City Hall, 12800 Ravine Parkway S.
- Sept. 23 to 25: Softball Tournament at Lamar Fields, 7025 Lamar Avenue S.
- Sept. 26 to Sept. 29: Soccer events at Kingston Park, 9195 75th Street S.
- Sept. 26 to Oct. 3: Cottage Grove Ice Arena, 8020 80th Street S.
- Sept. 30 to Oct. 1: River Oaks Golf Course, 11099 Highway 61 S. (Ryder Cup Golf specials)
- Oct. 4 to Oct. 6: Werner Electric
- Oct. 7 to Oct. 9: Cottage Grove Bike Park, 7050 Meadow Grass Ave. S. (Oktobershred)
- Oct. 12: Culver's, 7998 Hardwood Ave. S. (Car Show)
- Oct. 12 to Oct. 14: Renewal by Andersen, 9900 Jamaica Ave. S.
- Oct. 13: All Saints Lutheran Church, 8100 Belden Blvd. (Fare for All)
- Oct. 15: Fire Department Open House, Fire Station 2, 8641 80th Street
- Oct. 16: Octoberfest, Hope Glen Farm, 10276 East Point Douglas Road S.
- Oct. 17 to Oct. 20: VFW Red Barn, 9260 East Point Douglas Road S.
- Oct. 17 to Oct. 23: South Washington County District Program Center, 8400 East Point Douglas Road S.
- Oct. 21 to Oct. 25: Cottage Grove Ice Arena, 8020 80th Street S.
- Oct. 24 to Oct. 28: Park Grove Library, 7900 Hemingway Avenue S.
- Oct. 29: Monster Bash Parade (start of parade route): ISD #833 Service Center, 7362 East Point Douglas Road S.
- The month of November: Outside City Hall, 12800 Ravine Parkway S.
In September 2016, the Cottage Grove City Council appointed 16 people to serve on a steering committee for the City’s community engagement project. The committee held a kick-off meeting on Sept. 20 with Rebecca Ryan and Stephanie Ricketts from Next Generation Consulting.
The residents who volunteered to serve on the committee are: Regina Boston, Jess Davison, Bart Fischer, Erik Holtan, Melissa Jungbauer, Joe Kovarik, Michael Laverdure, Lisa Maxwell, Jennifer Nedry, Tod Oswald , Eric Radel, Sandi Scott, Lisa Studiner, Dan Sullivan, Nicole Toni, and Jessica Vadnais.
This group will work closely with staff from Next Generation Consulting as the project moves forward.