The Police Department staff includes Community Service Officers responsible for control of domestic animals and pets. A city ordinance prohibits allowing dogs, cats or other domestic animals to run at large. This means that pets must be leashed and under your control when off of your property. Also, owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.

Complaints - Domestic Animals?
Call 651-439-9381 to register a complaint with the animal control officer.

Complaints - Non-Domestic Animals
Wildlife are a natural occurrence and the Cottage Grove Police Department responds if the animal is an immediate threat to safety.  If you need assistance with wildlife removal please visit the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for more information. 

Licenses are required in Cottage Grove for all dogs six months and older. Sometimes dogs wander or become lost. The license tag helps animal control officers locate the owner. Visit the dog license page for more information.

Lost Pets?
If an owner cannot be identified or located, the Cottage Grove Police Department will transport the lost pet to the Animal Humane Society - Woodbury, 9785 Hudson Road, Woodbury, MN, 55125. For contact information and hours of service, visit their website: Animal Humane Society - Woodbury

More information about animal ordinances can be found in Title 5, Chapter 4 of the City Code.

For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact the Police Department at 651-458-2850.

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn